8th Floor, Police Headquarters
1125 Locust St.
The Detention Unit has the primary responsibility for the detention and processing of individuals who are arrested for violation of city ordinances, state and federal statutes.
Types of Arrests and Holds
- City-Individuals who are arrested for violations of city ordinances
- Investigation Arrest- Individuals who are arrested for an offense that the state prosecutor has not yet charged in a warrant (usually referred to as a 24 hour investigation)
- State Warrant-Individuals who have been charged by the prosecutor for a violation of state statute
- On City Charges: The bonding company usually charges 20% of the face bond amount.
- On State Charges: The bonding company usually charges 10% of the face bond amount.
- On Warrants: Courts set the bond.
Types of Bonds
- Cash or Bonding Company – This is a bond that the individual and put up cash out of their pockets or make arrangements with a bond company
- Cash Only - This is a bond that the courts set either as an initial bond or as a result of not appearing in court
- 10% - This is a type of bond that the State Court Judges place on state warrants. It means that the 10% of the face value of the bond must be made in order to be released and must be made to the courts
- Secured - This bond can only be made by a bond company and is usually on state warrants
- Secured or 10% -This is a bond that the individual can have a bond company make or deposit 10% of the face value of the bond itself with the courts
- Own Recognizance -This is a signature bond that is ordered by the State Court Judge on state warrants
Court and Detention Phone numbers:
1101 Locust St.
505 E. 13th St.
816-881-3421 or 816-881-3423