North Patrol Division is made up of many different communities, neighborhoods and businesses. We have thrived with the philosophy that a community that works together for the greater good is more capable of affecting change, addressing issues and preventing of disorder. When a community gathers together, pools its resources and shares information it becomes a community that can quickly address the issues that it can face in a modern city. NPD feels this can also be said of partnerships between the community and the police.
There are a lot of partnerships that the North Patrol Division utilizes to more effectively provide police service. These partnerships are built on a common purpose of improving the safety of all who are served by the KCMO Police Department. The following is a short list of some of the community organizations and partnerships along with the role our partnership plays in improving our effectiveness.
- Tri-County Mental Health and its Northland Coalition who work on prevention of youth use and abuse of drugs, alcohol and tobacco. www.northlandcoalition.com
- Northland Neighborhoods Inc. Or (NNI) works to provide resources for neighbors and neighborhoods within the northland. www.nni.org
- Park Hill Community Drug Task Force is a C-2000 not for profit that works with the Park Hill School District to provide a safer community for youth www.northlandcoalition.com
- Mid America Regional Council http://www.marc.org/
- NAMI of Greater Kansas City's priority is to educate families and the public regarding issues of importance to those with mental illness and their families. www.kcnami.org
- Community Mediation Center is a grant funded resource for dispute resolution assistance. www.mediatemissouri.org