Police Officer Jason Cooley is a 16-year veteran of the Kansas City Missouri Police Department. Prior to his current assignment at East Patrol Division, Officer Cooley spent eight years working as a DARE officer and seven years working at the Westside CAN center within the Central Patrol Division. In addition to his work at the Westside CAN center he also worked in the Park Anti-Crime Team (P.A.C.T.) and patrolled Downtown as a member of the bike patrol.
Community Interaction Officers help facilitate communication between the Police Department and community members who express concerns about their community. CIO’s help encourage citizens to be actively involved in anti-crime efforts sponsored by the police department. CIO’s help promote community support for the police department by providing demographic data, response time factors, call prioritization, and other relative information to aid the citizens in understanding the resources and limitations of the Police Department in its effort to police the community.
Community Interaction Officers meet with members of the community and attend meetings to address specific community problems and plausible solutions. They provide relevant information to targeted community concerns by providing monthly crime summary to residents through neighborhood watch organizations regarding the incidents of criminal activity in their area. They also provide neighborhood crime information to the community, to include descriptions of suspects that are committing crimes in the area.
Contact your Community Interaction Officer to participate in any of the listed programs or services:
- Burglary prevention programs
- Crime prevention programs and crime reporting
- Neighborhood Associations & Neighborhood Watch programs
- Home/Business security surveys
- Extra Patrol and Ride-Along programs
- Drug information programs
- Self-protection programs for elderly persons
- Conduct tours of East Patrol Division facilities upon request by individuals and/or organizations
- Hug-A-Bear programs
- Child Danger programs
- Contact Information for not-for-profit community organizations