News from City Hall
City Communications Office
City of Kansas City, Mo.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May 14, 2013
City’s reBUILD/KC Neighborhood Mini-Grant Program hosts workshops
Applications for Fiscal Year 2013-14 funding due June 28
The City of Kansas City, Mo., reBUILD/KC Neighborhood Mini-Grant Program will host two informational workshops for organizations interested in applying for Fiscal Year 2013-14 reimbursable grants. The workshops will take place Thursday, May 23 from 6-8 p.m. and Saturday, June 8 from 9:30-11:30 a.m. at the Southeast Community Center, 4201 E. 63rd St.
Workshop topics include:
- Purpose of the reBUILD/KC Neighborhood Mini-Grant Program
- Eligibility requirements
- Funding requirements
- Documentation required for consideration
- Tips on preparing successful applications
- Contract compliance
- Reimbursement process
In addition, interested organizations must:
- be a not-for-profit neighborhood organization in good standing and incorporated in the State of Missouri;
- be registered with the City of Kansas City, Mo., Neighborhoods and Housing Services Department’s Neighborhood Services Division
- must have submitted an annual registered neighborhood summary report
- must be an active neighborhood group with identifiable leadership recognized and elected by its members
- must perform project within geographic area in which applying
- must have the capacity to complete project by April 30, 2014
Applications will be available at the workshop and will be due Friday, June 28.
Any person with a disability who desires reasonable accommodation to attend this meeting may contact the City’s 311 Call Center at 311 or 816-513-1313, or for TTY, 816-513-1889, or by email at 3-1-1.Call.Center@kcmo.org.
For more information about the reBUILD/KC Neighborhood Mini-Grant Program, please contact Tiffany Drummer, Neighborhoods and Housing Services Department, at 816-513-3210.