News from City Hall
City Communications Office
City of Kansas City, Mo.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 29, 2013
Don’t forget: City’s curbside leaf and brush collection begins Monday
The City of Kansas City, Mo., reminds residents that its springtime curbside leaf and brush collection will begin Monday, April 1.
Residents who live in the “Central Zone” -- between the Missouri River south to 63rd Street and west of Blue Ridge Cutoff -- will receive leaf and brush collection the week of April 1.
Residents who live in the “South Zone” -- between 63rd Street and the southern City limit and east of Blue Ridge Cutoff -- will receive collection the week of April 8.
Residents who live in the “North Zone” -- between the Missouri River north to the City’s northern city limit -- will receive collection the week of April 15.
On their regularly designated trash pickup day, residents may place up to 20 bags or bundles of leaf and brush at the curb by 7 a.m.
Here are the collection rules:
• Sacks and bundles must not weigh more than 40 pounds each.
• Use only paper lawn debris sacks. No plastic bags.
• If you seal sacks, use masking tape only; do not use plastic or duct tape.
• No grass clippings. No trash.
• All branches must be bundled. Branches must not be more than 3 inches in diameter.
• Bundles of branches must not be more than 2 feet in diameter and not more than 4 feet long.
• Use twine or jute rope to tie bundles; do not use wire or plastic tape.
• If wet weather is forecast, cover sacks/bundles with clear plastic.
Residents may also use the City's three leaf and brush drop-off centers. For more information about the leaf and brush drop-off centers, trash, recycling and solid waste services, please visit www.kcmo.org/trash or call the 311 Call Center at 816-513-1313 or 311.