FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: July 16, 2007
Development code project enters public review phase
The City of Kansas City, Mo., City Planning and Development Department’s Zoning Ordinance and Subdivisions Regulations project has entered the public review phase now that the Steering Committee’s June review is complete.
The public review draft of the new development code is available online in preparation for a series of public meetings and hearings designed to give residents a forum to communicate comments and questions.
Following is the schedule of public meetings, presentations and hearings:
• Joint presentation to City Plan Commission and Board of Zoning Adjustment – 10 a.m., Aug. 7 in the City Council Chambers, City Hall, 26th floor
• Public Meeting #1 – 6 to 8 p.m., Aug. 7 at the Trailside Center, 9901 Holmes Street
• Public Meeting #2 – 10 a.m. to noon, Aug. 8 at the Discovery Center, 4750 Troost Avenue
• Public Meeting #3 – 6 to 8 p.m., Aug. 14 at the Harmony Vineyard Church, 600 N.E. 46th Street (southeast quadrant of Interstate 29 and N. Oak)
• Presentation to Planning and Zoning Committee – 1:30 p.m., Aug. 15 in the City Council Chambers, City Hall, 26th floor
• Public hearings before the City Plan Commission and City Council – Time to be determined, Sept. 18, City Council Chambers, City Hall, 26th floor
Subsequent meetings and hearings after Sept. 18 will be scheduled as necessary. City Council adoption of the code is expected this fall.
The public review draft of the Development Code is available at http://www.kcmo.org/planning.nsf/devmgt/ZonOrdRevisProces.
For more information about the Zoning Ordinance and Subdivisions Regulation project, contact Patty Noll, project manager City Planning and Development at (816) 513-2864.