News from City Hall
City Communications Office
City of Kansas City, Mo.
CONTACT: City Communications Office 816-513-1349
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May 3, 2010
City employees to be honored at public sector
Six employees and one project team from the City of Kansas City, Mo., will be honored in a variety of categories at the Federal Executive Boards’ 17th Annual Public Employee Recognition Day awards ceremony May 5. The ceremony starts at 2 p.m. in the Kansas City Convention Center’s Little Theater, 201 W. 13th St.
“I am more and more amazed at the quality of work performed by our City staff, even through all the budget cuts, in the past few years,” said Mayor Mark Funkhouser. “We have incredibly hard working people here that deserve this recognition.”
The event is part of National Public Service Recognition Week, which honors the men and women who serve as federal, state and local government employees.
Mayor Mark Funkhouser will address those in attendance and Acting City Manager, Troy Schulte will present City employees with their awards.
This year, the City will be represented by these individuals:
• Public Safety: Mary Madick, Fire Department
• Clerical: Rose Rhodes, City Manager’s Office
• Team: Water Services Department, Dispatch Division
• Administrative Professional: Rosalyn Buckner Madden, Health Department
• Technical: Kristin Collins, Information Technology Department
• Trade/Craft: Bryan Cameron, Parks and Recreation Department
• Leadership: Mary Lopez, City Planning and Development Department
Media inquiries and more information should be directed to Earnest Rouse, assistant to the city manager for the City Manager’s Office, 816-513-2009.