News from City Hall
City Communications Office
City of Kansas City, Mo.
CONTACT: City Communications Office, 816-513-1349
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 29, 2011
Residents can dispose prescription drugs at take back event
The City of Kansas City, Mo., is encouraging residents to bring their old and unwanted prescription drugs to one of five Kansas City locations for safe disposal on Saturday, April 30 during National Prescription Take Back Day.
National Prescription Take Back Day aims to help reduce drug abuse while preventing water contamination from improper drug disposal.
The Prescription Take Back will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the following Kansas City locations:
- 215 N.E. Englewood Road (Hy-Vee parking lot)
- 3215 Main St. (MainCor parking lot)
- 633 E. 63rd St. (National Council on Alcoholism parking lot)
- 5301 E. 27th St. (East Patrol Division Station parking lot)
- 9430 Blue Ridge Blvd. (Northwest corner of Walgreen’s Parking lot)