City of Kansas City
Home Services Residents Business Visitors CityOfficials
I Want To...
City Departments

CONTACT: Donna Mandelbaum
Department of Housing and Community Development, (816) 513-3014

Minor Home Repair Program applications accepted Jan. 15 – April 15

The Department of Housing and Community Development’s Minor Home Repair Program will accept applications for the 2003 program from Jan. 15 until April 15. The program awards grants to income-eligible Kansas City, Mo., residents for fixing and maintaining minor home repairs.

Eligible repairs include roofing, gutters, plumbing (water supply lines, fixtures, drain lines, hot water heaters, street service waterlines, sewer lines and septic tanks), electrical systems (service panel fuse boxes, light fixtures, wall switches, duplex receptacle outlets and furnaces), stairs, doors, floors and porches.

To qualify, applicants must have owned and occupied the residence for a minimum of five years, meet low-income guidelines, and not have received a grant from the Minor Home Repair Program in the last five years.

Interested applicants can call the Department of Housing and Community Development at (816) 513-3000, or download an application from the department’s web page, This is the first program year Minor Home Repair Program applications are available on the City’s Web site,

Applications may be mailed or faxed to the department. The address is: Department of Housing and Community Development, 11th floor – City Hall, 414 E. 12th St,, Kansas City, MO 64106. The fax number is (816) 513-3011.

News Archives

Contact Us |  Sitemap  | Legal Notice  | Privacy ©2013 City of Kansas City, Missouri. All Rights Reserved
  French  German  Italian  Portuguese  Spanish  Russian  Dutch  Greek  Japanese  Korean  Chinese  Taiwanese  Swahili