|Loose Park Shelter Reservation
LOOSE PARK'S ROSE GARDEN WEDDINGS
A Parks and Recreation Department permit is needed for your ceremony in the Rose Garden.
Reservations for the current year can be made by calling 816-784-5300 or in person at the Loose Park Garden Center.
We will start taking reservations for weddings, the first working Tuesday in April for the following year.
Scheduling for weddings for 2012 in the Rose Garden began Friday, April 1, 2011.
Scheduling for 2013 weddings in the Rose Garden began Tuesday, April 3, 2012.
Payment of $325 must be received 10 days after reserving your wedding date. The permit includes a two-hour time frame for your wedding ceremony. Permits are nonrefundable. A check or money order are the only forms of payments accepted.
Weddings may take place from April through October during the following times, Monday through Friday, 4-8 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Weddings may be booked in two hour blocks for $325. Rehearsals may be booked every hour for $100.
Photo by Paul McMillian, Van Deusen Photography
Some things to consider before having your wedding in the Rose Garden
- No refunds will be given under any circumstances, including weather.
- Any chairs, decorations, musical equipment, etc. must be set-up and taken down within the two hour time period.
- All supplies and equipment must be carried to the rose garden. Vehicles are not allowed on turf areas or in the rose garden.
- Arrangements for holding a reception should be made at a separate location. The Shelters are not included.
- Food is not allowed in the rose garden. Liquor is prohibited in Loose Park.
- No tents or awnings are allowed in the
- Runners are not to be placed atop the grass in the rose garden.
- Birdseed, confetti or tissue flowers are not allowed inside the rose garden. Birdseed may be used once on the road or parking surfaces. Rice can kill birds and is not allowed.
- Parking is limited. If many guest are expected, a good idea might be to meet in one larger location, and rent a trolley or car system to transport guest to the rose garden.
- This is a public park; the rose garden is a public facility and no area may be blocked off at anytime. We cannot control other events scheduled in Loose Park.
For more information or questions regarding weddings in the Rose Garden, please call 816-784-5300.
Important Information about
2013 Wedding Reservations
We will NOT
book weddings for the following dates:April 14,
8 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Rock the Parkway RunMay 27,
All Day – Amy Thompson WalkJune 2,
All Day – Rose DaySept. 8,
All Day – SASS Walk and Rose Garden EventSept. 26,
4 - 8 p.m. – Rose Society Wine and RosesOct. 5,
8 a.m. to Noon – Rose Demo (how to winterize roses) Oct. 13,
All Day – Crop Walk
Loose Park Shelter Reservations
Reservations for the current year began the first business day of March at 8 a.m. in the Garden Center. You may come in or call 816-784-5300.
Times: Half day: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. or 3-10 p.m.
Full day: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
weekends and holidays
Fees: $110 – full day
$90 – half day
- Requests for reservation of shelters will be held
14 days for payment of fees. Non payment of fees
will cancel the request for reservation.
- Approved methods of payment Check or Money
Order payable to BOARD OF PARKS AND
- Cancellations must be made 14 days prior to
reserved date for possible refund. Request for
refund must be made in writing to:
5200 Pennsylvania Ave.
- A $20 processing fee will be withheld for
- NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE FOR
REASONS OF INCLEMENT WEATHER.
- Sales of any kind are prohibited on park
property. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited
on public property. Ordinance 39,390
- Reserving parties will be held responsible
for the destruction of property. All signs or
banners erected relating to this event must
- Although every effort will be made to maintain
utilities and shelters, service is not guaranteed
when vandalism occurs.
- Please help us keep our parks clean: Place all
refuse in the containers provided.
- Keep all motorized vehicles off the grass.
Use driveways as provided. If no driveway is
provided, no passage permitted.
- No inflatable toys allowed. No playing ball in