Organized at the request of the City Council, the Alcoholic Beverage Advisory Group provides advice and counsel to the manager of the Regulated Industries Division in response to proposed changes in Chapter 10 of the City ordinances. Additionally, the group reviews Chapter 10 ordinances and recommends to the Regulated Industries Division changes in existing ordinances or other chapters as they may apply. Their bylaws were approved at the May 1, 2006 meeting. Group recommendations are also shared with the City Council.
Group meetings are regularly held at 9 a.m. on the first Monday of February, May, August, and November, in the Regulated Industries conference room, 635 Woodland Ave, Suite 2101. Emergency meetings may be requested five days in advance by the manager of Regulated Industries.
The group is made up of 12 members, divided equally between industry and non-industry representatives, as listed below.
- Alcohol license attorney
- Retail sales-by-the-drink licensee
- Package liquor store licensee
- Downtown loop restaurant/bar licensee
- Liquor wholesaler licensee
- Kansas City Restaurant Association
- Member of the clergy
- Neighborhood attorney
- School district representative
- Neighborhood (Districts 1 or 2)
- Neighborhood (Districts 3 or 4)
- Neighborhood (Districts 5 or 6)
The manager of the Regulated Industries Division
is also a member, but only votes as a tiebreaker.