The Neighborhood Services Division provides free printing services to many neighborhood and community groups within the City of Kansas City, Missouri. Each group is allowed a maximum of 12,000 printed copies per calendar year. Each request can have no more than one (1) to four (4) pages of original documents for printing.
There are certain printing criteria that a group must meet before we will print flyers or newsletters for them:
- The group must have a current registration with Neighborhood Services.
- The information presented must reflect activities that benefit, educate, and inform residents about their neighborhood. The following are examples of information you might include:
- Upcoming meetings for the group or subcommittees.
- Events such as festivals, block parties, etc.
- Services available for neighborhoods.
- Neighborhood cleanups.
- Safety tips and crime prevention information.
- Neighborhood contests: gardens, holiday decorations, etc.
- The following are prohibited from newsletters and flyers printed by our office:
- Advertising that solicits for business profit.
- Promoting certain political candidates or campaigns.
- Seeking personal or monetary gain.
- Endorsing religious beliefs or instruction.
- General harassment of individuals or inappropriate language/images.
- A printed copy or PDF of the newsletter/flyer must be submitted two weeks prior to the needed date. Faxed copies cannot be duplicated due to degraded quality.
If you would like more information about this service or other printing services, please call the Neighborhood Services Division at (816) 513-3200, e-mail us at Solutions_NCSD@kcmo.org, or simply stop by our office on the west side of the fourth floor of City Hall, 414 E. 12th St.