|Web Developer/Programmer Intern
Information Technology Department
City of Kansas City, Missouri
The Web Developer/Programmer Intern will assist in programming and related maintenance of the organization's internal and external Web sites and will participate in all phases of Web development. The intern will work with other Web team members to define customer requirements, assess available technologies, and develop solutions.
Examples of Job Responsibilities
- Assists in application development and ongoing technical support of Internet, intranet, and extranet sites.
- Works with the Web team to develop Web pages and applications for business units, departments, and the enterprise
- Collaborates with graphic designers to develop Web page graphics.
- Provides technical consultation about new systems, evaluates new products, and helps to enhance existing systems.
- Participates in technical design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of Web site enhancements.
- Works with the Web team to promote use of the intranet.
- Fosters and maintains good relationships with customers and IT colleagues and meets expected customer service levels.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
Broad awareness of basic Internet, intranet, and WWW technologies, including:
- Internet tools
- Web navigation, content, linking, and browser tuning
- Programming experience with HTML (forms, tables, frames, image maps).
- Web site design and development experience in a Unix or Windows environment
- Working knowledge of at least one relational database (e.g., Oracle, Sybase, Access), with database/Web connectivity familiarity is a plus
- Good sense of design, plus graphics abilities; experience with Adobe PhotoShop and multimedia a plus
- Verbal communication skills and an ability to express complex technical concepts in simple terms.
- Interpersonal skills for working with other members of the Web team and customers
- Analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Reports to Web Manager
- Has close working relationship with the Web team and IT peer group
- Has a working relationship with others in the IT Department, and customers from other departments