|Contract Compliance Prevailing Wage Section
The Human Relations Department, Contract Compliance Section is responsible for monitoring, compliance, enforcement, oversight, training, and assisting contractors with prevailing wage, Minority, Women, and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (MWDBE), and Section 3 requirements. These processes ensure compliance with the Missouri Prevailing Wage Laws, MWDBE Ordinances, and HUD laws. In order to assist contractors in meeting their requirements, the Contract Compliance staff must:
Monitor the City Construction Projects
- Ensure that construction workers receive prevailing wages by observing their work environment, which includes taking pictures of the work site, conducting worker interviews, and auditing payroll reports.
- Serve the Minority, Women, and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (MWDBE) community by certifying that contractors on City-funded projects comply with the MWDBE program.
- Protect low-income persons in the City of Kansas City, Missouri community by ensuring that contractors meet all federal, state, and local Section 3 requirements.
- Ensure that required postings are on all City funded construction projects. These include an EEO statement, OSHA 300 Log, OSHA Safety Poster #3165 or #2203, and a Health and Safety Plan (HASP)
Contract Compliance Training
- The Section provides training for contractors during pre-construction meetings and training sessions.
- Training helps disseminate important information about the prevailing wage laws and other requirements, including reporting requirements for MWDBE, Affirmative Action, and Section 3 guidelines.
- Training is offered for contractors desiring more information about prevailing wage and other City requirements on construction projects funded by the City of Kansas City, Mo.
- For more information and enrollment, contact the Contract Compliance / Prevailing Wage Section at 816-513-1836.
Provide Technical Assistance
- Will assist construction workers by conducting interviews when needed, and responding to complaints.
- Will provide guidance and support services to contractors by promoting proactive monitoring, establishing a rapport, and keeping an open dialogue between the City's staff and the contractor.