|Contract Compliance/Prevailing Wage Division
| ||The Contract Compliance/Prevailing Wage Section is responsible for monitoring, training, and assisting contractors with Prevailing Wage, Minority, Women, and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (MWDBE), and Section 3 requirements. These processes ensure compliance with the Missouri Prevailing Wage Laws, MWDBE Ordinances, and HUD laws. In order to assist contractors in meeting their requirements, the staff field analysts must: |
- Take the following steps to monitor the City Construction Projects
- Ensure that construction workers receive prevailing wages by observing their work environment, which includes taking pictures of the work site, conducting worker interviews, and auditing payroll reports.
- Serve the Minority, Women, and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (MWDBE) community by certifying that contractors on City-funded projects comply with the MWDBE program.
- Protect low-income persons in the City of Kansas City, Missouri community by ensuring that contractors meet all federal, state, and local Section 3 requirements.
- Ensure that required postings are on all City funded construction projects. These include an EEO statement, OSHA 300 Log, OSHA Safety Poster #3165 or #2203, and a Health and Safety Plan (HASP)
- Contract Compliance Training
- Provide Technical Assistance
- Will assist construction workers by conducting interviews when needed, and responding to complaints.
- Will provide guidance and support services to contractors by promoting proactive monitoring, establishing a rapport, and keeping an open dialogue between the City's staff and the contractor.
If you need further information, contact the Contract Compliance/Prevailing Wage Section at 816-513-1403.