The Right-of-Way team administers a program that is responsible for ensuring consistent right-of-way acquisition methods for the Capital Improvement Management Office. The members of this team are the main “go-betweens” with our citizens and acquiring entities within the City. Our process is in accordance with:
The Federal Real Property Acquisition Act: 49 CFR Part 24, and
-The State of Missouri Eminent Domain Law:. Chapter 523 of the Missouri Revised Statutes and
-Code of City Ordinances - City of Kansas City, MO, Ordinance No. 060733, Part I Charter, Article VI
Along with the help of our legal department, we administer these three sets of guidelines with a sense of fairness, tact and empathy for those impacted by our acquisitions, knowing that the public at large will benefit by the land we acquire.
The dedicated city employees at CIMO Right-of-Way help complete the following projects
- Sanitary Sewers – typically new sewers that replace septic systems and reduce pollution
- Storm Sewers – handle street water runoff, control flow and reduce floods
- Streets – typically road widening to reduce traffic congestion
- Bridges – typically new bridge construction – infrastructure improvement
- Fire and Police Stations – typically newer facilities that reduce response time
- Special Projects – Assigned by the city manager for the good of the public
Each project has unique aspects involved, whether the individual tracts, the owners or funding. The CIMO ROW department takes pride in bringing in our projects in a timely manner. We are dedicated to the process, our internal and external clients and our guidelines. Each project is a learning experience which allows us to broaden our knowledge.